Monday 21 January 2013

Why Yoga?


In my last two years of university I found myself stressed out to the point of no return.  The gym wasn't working and running wasn't as fun as it used to be.  I felt like I needed something new and different. I wanted something that was going to not only challenge me but help me relax.  Then I went to my first yoga class.  It was phenomenal, to say the least.  There were so many different components I needed to focus on simultaneously that I didn't have a chance to be stressed. It was an hour of sheer concentration on matching my breath with my movement, at that moment I was hooked.

There are so many things that I love about practicing yoga but there are also obstacles.  Some poses seem impossible to master even with continuous practice and sometimes during savasana your mind can’t stop racing for a single second. Sooner or later if you constantly make an honest effort you’ll start seeing results.  That’s the beauty in it; you get out of yoga what you put into it and this is why I want to blog about my practice.  Anyone can start a blog about yoga and there are hundreds of professional blogs written and updated by yogi’s who have been practicing yoga even before I was born but I want this blog to be relatable to every individual whether they are a seasoned or even a not so seasoned yoga student.

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you - yoga is completely challenging and relaxing all at once! Not only is it the ideal workout, but the most enjoyable one I've found to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found it a struggle to keep up with my yoga practice as well, A. But I have come to learnt hat it's not about the quantity of experiences you have, but the quality. Keep up the good work! Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been practicing yoga since I was a kid. I'm not a professional either, but it is good to share with others the benefits of this great stress-relieving tool. I'm excited to read about new poses and methods of meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how people refer to the "practice of yoga" just hearing it makes it seem like the daily discipline is so much more likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete