Tuesday 29 January 2013

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot


Last night was my first (Moksha) hot yoga class of the year and let me tell you, it was H.O.T. Most girls were glistening in their Lululemon attire but I was the odd man out. I was wearing Lululemon but I was not glistening. Sadly I have come to realize my genetics make me sweat more than the average human and wearing grey definitely did not help matters.  Moving past my sweaty problems the 60 minute class was amazing.

Tree Pose
During my practice I found it difficult to focus on calm breathing while trying to hold a pose with the proper form, an example of this: Tree Pose. I would manage to hold my pose for a few seconds then slowly lose my balance and almost topple over. This was very humbling and a reminder that continuous practice will eventually pay off. The class was difficult at times but it provided me with the calm, clear mind I needed to start a busy week.
 
Moksha Yoga is a series of 40 different poses done in a room heated to about 40°C or 100°F. If you want to learn more about this type of yoga or are interested in taking classes here is a link to a great local studio:

7 comments:

  1. You just reminded me I have a free pass for the studio in Waterloo! I wonder if it's still good... I find Hot Yoga a great activity in an AC-free house in the summer....because it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly macaroni, that is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this was bad for your lungs, or maybe I just thought that and believed I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've heard its great for your skin, sweating all the toxins out or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been interested in trying this style of yoga. Thanks for the link to a local studio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try this and have wanted to for months now.. Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have done some hot yoga a few years ago. Love hot yoga and it can also fix a lot of your body's problem. I have done it for 4 months and felt so good for the whole year!

    ReplyDelete