Friday 15 February 2013

Breathe and De-Stress


Yoga is sometimes underestimated and many people shy away from it because they are misinformed. Some say that yoga isn't a workout and that all you do is stretch, but those who do practice will tell you otherwise. Yoga isn't just stretching it’s about holding poses, breathing and pushing yourself past your comfort zone. Yoga is a great workout and the benefits that come with the practice are amazing.

One of the benefits of practicing any form of yoga is that it helps reduce stress. We all stress about things in our daily lives whether its school, work, family or friends and this can eventually take a toll on us mentally and physically. There are specific poses like Garland, Child's Pose and Shoulder Stand that can help reduce stress levels. Deep breathing can also help with stress such as slowly breathing through the nose and making your exhales longer than your inhales.

Reducing stress is important if we want to live happy and healthy so find what relaxes you after a long day. You can also visit these blogs for stress reducing tips, tricks and relaxing music: 


4 comments:

  1. Whoever hates on yoga is just ill-informed or ignorant. Yoga has MANY positive effects on people's lives. I'm not big on incredible stories or "touching" videos, but this link shares an AMAZING story of a man who actually walks again after practicing yoga diligently. I wish I had an ounce of that stamina.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to dislike Yoga but, I have recently tried it and really do see the benefits to it. It really has helped to de-stress me and keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, the first time I did yoga I thought that it was all about stretching and slow movements but after taking a few yoga classes I know better! I couldn't believe how relaxed and energized I felt after a class. Yoga helps me stay stress-free after a long day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done Yoga very much, but you're very right - it was soo relaxing when I did try it. You can really feel it after your session is finished!

    ReplyDelete