Friday 22 February 2013

Progress


I have been practicing yoga consistently for about a month and I’m feeling great. All of this could just be in my head but I find that I sleep better, am happier and less stressed. Physically I am more balanced and feel a lot stronger. Yoga has also improved my flexibility which will help reduce my chance of injury when running or going to the gym. Practicing has opened my eyes to my own personal health and lifestyle as well as specific fitness goals that I have recently set for myself.

I have been attending classes at a local studio and have also made an effort to practice at home. My home practice has helped me to make progress with certain poses and meditation, but I still find it a hassle to roll out my mat and unwind at the end of the day. Even though I have made yoga a priority since day one I’m hoping that I can continue to improve as well as have a chance to practice other styles of yoga such as Ashtanga YogaKundalini Yoga Jivamukti Yoga.

3 comments:

  1. Yoga is my favourite exercise other than hiking. Do you have any advice on how to get motivated though? I'm finding it hard, myself, to unroll my mat and make the effort to do it on the daily. I keep telling myself that I'll see all the benefits shortly (I know from experience and practicing in the summer), but for some reason I still can't make myself. Idk if you have any tricks or tips for staying motivated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with forgottenmanners. I love yoga but I can't motivate myself to do it consistently!


    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! When I make time for yoga, even a couple days a week, it makes such a difference! It's hard to stay motivated, especially with a hectic work and school schedule, but the more you do it, the better you feel!

    ReplyDelete